Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Enjoy Astroland While You Can

It's the end of a Brooklyn era. Astroland, the last remaining amusement park at Coney Island, has been bought by developers. This summer is your last chance to see the place as it is, before it turns into a "Vegas style" attraction, complete with luxury condos. When will you go? Will you rock out to the New York Dolls at Sirenfest? Will you dance in the Mermaid Parade? Will you enjoy fireating and swordswallowing at the Freak Show? Will you attend B-films? Will you blush at the Burlesque? Will you (not me) ride the Cyclone? Will you eat raw clams (I will), even on months not ending in R? Bring on the sodium and cholesterol. Bring on the stuffed animals. Bring on the sugar. Bring on the sunburn.

I'm finally getting the hang of some of my camera settings...here are some visuals from my trip there last weekend with visiting friends. I'll let the place speak for itself.

P1000660

P1000638

P1000655

P1000666

P1000646

P1000670

P1000681

P1000678

3 comments:

Rice said...

LOVED the pictures. I haven't been there in a long while. It makes me sad.

christopherlee said...

Loved the pics Anne. What kind of camera do you have?

Anne Elliott said...

Thanks, guys!

I'm currently using a "Lumix" camera. It's a fake SLR (meaning the lens is permanently attached) with a Leica lens.

I tend to underexpose a little because I like the saturated color. It's hard for me to get used to the idea that with digital, I can do that LATER.