Monday, July 03, 2006

Spark It! Check Out Hobart 6


Folks, I'm finally in print again, in the new issue of Hobart. They did a great job fixing up my short story "Three Lessons in Firesurfing," and I'm happy to say I'm in excellent company here. The issue is also visually gorgeous. Not only does the cover feature a painting by my old UCSD classmate Perry Vasquez, it has a cool matte/glossy contrast that you have to hold in your hands to appreciate. So order one here, or keep an eye out on your newsstand.

Hobart has also published "bonus materials" on their website. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

Congrats, Anne! I love the title of your story and the cover.

Matt Bell said...

Anne,

I loved your story in the new Hobart. I've been reviewing them once at a time on my blog, if you're curious. Yours just went up yesterday.

"Three Lessons in Firesurfing" by Anne Elliot

Anne Elliott said...

are you Daniel of La Bloga?

Small world indeed.

Perry used to speak quite fondly of that humor magazine, and its alumni.