Friday, October 06, 2006

Countdown to Forty

In the last remaining hours of my thirties, I am doing irresponsible things like blogging at work. Please forgive me, work. I am still a tender young thing. I am also wearing pink striped socks, which are totally inappropriate.

Tomorrow I'll be crossing the line. Me and my birthday-mate Sherman Alexie. Happy birthday, Sherman, and have a great reading tonight at the New Yorker fest! I won't be there, I was too slow to get tickets.

This weekend I celebrate by eating french toast at the diner, then going to the movies, probably The Science of Sleep. And hugging my incredible Brooklyn family. Especially that cute guy I married.

4 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

Happy, happy birthday! I'm in a countdown to 39--I have three weeks left.

Anne Elliott said...

Thanks, guys! So far, my forties rock.

Cheryl B. said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm obviously behind in my blog reading.

Anonymous said...

Late too, but happy birthday Anne!