Sunday, January 07, 2007

Greetings from the Cute Farm

Sometimes I fear this sweetness will plunge me into a diabetic coma. Here's Angus playing with his new Christmas toy.



And here's a boy's Nap Club struggling to keep eyes open on the sofa.




I don't really have anything better to blog about. I've been writing every day, working on the new novel, ALMA, submitting stories, and applying for this and that residency, etc. I've been really enjoying the research aspect of the novel, looking at books about the theater, also spiritual stuff from AA and the Episcopal church. I'm not a believer in God, but I do find reading about it interesting, and it is proving to be the main theme of my novel, not God, but rather the absence of God, or what happens internally when one loses faith and feels like she is in the minority.

So, back to work I go. Hope you all are enjoying the new year so far. I am!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm very into losing faith. :)

Anne Elliott said...

Stephanie: me too!

I'm reading Simone Weil now--wow!
Waiting for God.

I'm starting to think losing faith is an essential part of any rigorous spiritual path. Haven't figured it all out yet. Don't want to, exactly...