Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Cat Theater



It's actually a little funnier with the sound off, I learned. Try imagining this alternative script:

Meow.
You already said that.
Meow.
Don't be a moron.
Meow. ..that wasn't very nice.
You're stating the obvious.
You never understand me.
Oh, not this again.
Why can't you just listen?
Oh, please.
I don't know what to say.
Oh, baby, I love you. You know that.
I know. I love you too.


Maybe you have an alternative script to share.

I dreamed last night we had to get our cat Ava a white dress for her coming-out ball. She was such a tomboy about it, and really did not understand the stakes. She had to be prepared for the Catillion!

5 comments:

Adam R said...

That's hilarious. How about Endgame?

CLOV: I've just got you up.
HAMM: And what of it?
CLOV: I can't be getting you up and putting you to bed every five minutes, I have things to do.
(Pause.)
HAMM: Did you ever see my eyes?
CLOV: No.
HAMM: Did you never have the curiosity, while I was sleeping, to take off my glasses and look at my eyes?
CLOV: Pulling back the lids? (Pause.) No.
HAMM: One of these days I'll show them to you. (Pause.) It seems they've gone all white. (Pause.) What time is it?
CLOV: The same as usual.


I read your flash stories at JMWW and then your exceptional poem intro at Pindledyboz. I really liked the concept.

Anne Elliott said...

Hey Adam, thanks for the kind words.

Endgame, yes! I was thinking Waiting for Godot, maybe. These may be Beckett cats.

Or, are they Chekhov cats?

christopherlee said...

I have feral cat question. My roommates cat just sort of "showed up" one day and is now the house pet. He regularly goes "hunting" in the back yard and I saw a tick or flea in my bed because of him. What do you do about fleas? collars? powders? do you give your cats baths?

Anne Elliott said...

Chris: Revolution is the best stuff for this. Not only will it kill the fleas on the cat but it also wards off earmites, mosquitoes, and other buggies.

It's prescription-only. If that is out of the question, I recommend Bio-Spot, which is OTC.

Good luck de-fleaing the bed. Cleaning up the cat is step one. Then maybe leave the heat off for a week or so...

christopherlee said...

Thanx Anne. The flea thing wasn't nearly as bad as I described. It was one bug. I overreacted.maybe a tick and it doesn't seem to be more than that but I will check out the OTC stuff.