Friday, January 26, 2007

More Happenings

Everyone is happening this month...I hope I can get to some of this but day job is interfering. Still, I can shoutout, no?

Tonight Mad Hatter's Review is having their Friday night reading at KGB, featuring Norman Lock, Terese Svoboda, and Deb Olin Unferth. They know how to lasso the talent for these things. For info click the link and scroll down.

Next Wednesday January 31 8PM, Poetry vs. Comedy (PVC) will greet the new year at a new venue, the Bowery Poetry Club. It's a super-fun event, way better than American Idol! Poets alternate with comedians in 8 minute sets, followed by an improvisational showdown to determine the winner. Judges provide commentary, and host Carolyn Castiglia provides jabs and laughs. This month's performers are Brandy Barber, Michelle Buteau, Luke Thayer, Shane Luitjens, Zaedryn Meade, Thad Rutkowski, and Pindeldyboz as musical guest (I've heard they're hilarious.)

Next Thursday, February 1, Virginia Vitzthum's book, I LOVE YOU, LET'S MEET, officially launches! Adam's Books in Park Slope, 8:00PM.

Next Friday, February 2, my troubador friend John Kessel is playing Hank's Saloon (I believe this is Hank's in Brooklyn--dont' know of others). Check out his song, "Thrown Away," on his Myspace page. I love this song.

Probably just the tip of the iceberg.

And because I'm all over the place today, here's a crappy video of our dog Willie taking his medicine. Crappy because the sound got out of sync. I have a lot to learn.

No comments: