Thursday, December 29, 2005

No White Christmas for Wilbur



Poor dog, snow everywhere, and all of it slushy and gross. Wilbur didn't get his usual Buffalo Christmas of fluffy powder. What's a husky mix to do? He romped in the mud, and had way too many baths for his taste. I kept thinking of watching the Iditarod one year when they had little snow. Not too fun for the dogs. Or the mushers.

Speaking of mush, here's a tired dog taking a nap next to my mother-in-law's tree. Lots of twitching and rabbit chasing, which entertained us all, since there were no children present. We had to make do with sleeping dogs.



And I got to kiss my sister-in-law's rescued horse Sundance, who kept checking my parka pockets for cookies:



Wilbur helped my sweet husband with the driving too.

3 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

Oh! Poor wee Wilbur! He had better get right back on the road and head up to New Hampshire to see me. We're expecting snow any minute and he can romp in it with my Darby.

And hey, Happy New Year, Anne!

Anne Elliott said...

Thanks, Myfanwy! Does Darby like the snow as much as Willie does? Happy new year to you too.

Myfanwy Collins said...

Darby loves nothing more than to lie down in a snowbank and stay there for several hours.

Things he does not love: beeps, clicks, clacks, any weird noise or music coming from a computer, ironing boards, irons, shades (as in window shades--not sunglasses), thunder, lightning, fireworks...