Sunday, November 12, 2006

Catching Up

Sorry, I haven't been posting. Believe it or not, it's because I've been writing. I know, blogging is writing, but it ain't the same thing. I've been working on my new novel, and just finished draft one of section one! So, I'm five chapters / 20,000 words / 71 pages in. Feels like a real commitment.

As promised, here is a brief history of our holiday cards. (I even got Hubby's permission to post them here.) Usually they have messages like "Peace on Earth." Apologize for the dust on the scanner.

Here's 2002, our first year in the new old house. Opie is in my arms, and fat Boo is in hubby's. Wilbur is very excited.



Here's 2003, when I think we had a freak snowstorm in November. It was cruel not to let Wilbur out in the snow. He loves snow, and besides, he got all dressed up.



Here's 2004, the peak of our household count. You can see Angus, in front of Opie, is missing half of his ass. When we brought him in he basically had to have a full body shave because of abscess. He's all better now! Also pictured is Egypt, who was a holiday guest. There's catnip in the bowls, in case you want the secret.



And finally, 2005. It's a bittersweet picture, because Opie is in the urn on the table. Still, Angus is hard not to laugh at. He grew up on the streets and does not like to wear "outfits."



We're working on 2006 now. Nothing good yet, but we still have time. In the meantime, I got this cute shot of our newest family member, Ava:



And this one can be Willie's album cover. When he becomes a folksinger.

6 comments:

christopherlee said...

Veerry cute. Is Jim still playing music?

Anne Elliott said...

Chris: oh yes. Rock on.

christopherlee said...

excellent. Upstate New York in the House. Say hello to Joe Manuse and Alford for me. (inside joke folks)

Anonymous said...

I love all these pix, and that IS a folksinger album cover.

Going down the line, I figured your husband was bald from the first two pix in caps. Did you get him a hair transplant for X-mas 2004?

Anne Elliott said...

V-thanks!

Husband cuts his own hair. Loves his clippers. He's naturally hairy, like the four-legged ones.

Had some trouble getting everyone to sit still this year. So we got a blurry one. Oh well. I won't post it, don't want to spoil the surprise...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family you have!