Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Late Bloomer Alert

I refuse to call myself a late bloomer because

(a) I'm not that old.
(b) I haven't exactly bloomed yet.

So, maybe I aspire to be a late bloomer. Here's some advice and inspiration from Writer's Digest: "Publish Your First Book After 50." (I did not know that about Laura Ingalls Wilder. I gobbled up the Little House books! She taught me how to write about food, that's for sure.)

One thing strikes me most about the advice in this article: you have to be patient with yourself. Just because you're older doesn't mean you can learn to write faster. Everybody ends up with novels in the drawer.

3 comments:

Rob K said...

Thanks for the link, Anne. I think I'll call myself Rob Chaudhuri.

Anne Elliott said...

Hey, Rob! Wouldn't it be trippy to live that long, let alone publish a book at age 100?

Rob K said...

Yes and then you'd be so batty, you could read your own book and not know how it ends.