Thursday, March 01, 2007

Another Book Trailer...Girlbomb!



My friend Janice has her paperback for Girlbomb: A Halfway Homeless Memoir coming out next week. And here's the trailer! Congrats, Janice, on both.

I recommended the memoir highly last year when the hardback came out, and I still do. It's about an adolescence spent in and out of teen shelters in NYC. Janice's voice is crisp and funny, and she has a keen sense of pacing. It's a portrait of an era, a place, and a quirky, interesting individual coming into her own.

What is "home?" Where can a girl feel safe? What are nuns really like? Read and learn.

5 comments:

Mary Akers said...

Thanks for this, Anne. It sounds really interesting!

Anne Elliott said...

Mary, hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

christopherlee said...

"Writer Movies"..I'd like to see you maybe do a thread on them. I am wathching "Wonder Boys" on VHS over and over. I love it. Anyone who has live our boho/collegiate life can relate. Even though it's kind of a (Boy artist) movie I'd like to see you do some dicussion of the "life" in cinema. also "Adaptation"..Charlie Kaufman etc. Didn't see the Silvia Plath movie but I went to high school with Steve Shainburg

christopherlee said...

umm..I could use an editor, no ;>

christopherlee said...

Steve Shainburg made the Diane Arbus movie.