Thursday, November 08, 2007

Anthologized!

I was delighted to have my contributor's copies of ONE ON ONE: THE BEST WOMEN'S MONOLOGUES FOR THE 21ST CENTURY arrive in my mail yesterday. Don't you just love the colors?

I love the insides too. It's a resource book for women looking for fresh audition material. Some of it is from familiar playwrights (both women and men)--Neil LaBute, Naomi Iizuka, August Wilson. Some of it is from people I admire up close--Bob Shuman (also an editor of the anthology!), Kathleen Warnock. And some from legends of monoperformance, like Lydia Lunch and Anna Deavere Smith. It's an exciting collection, designed to push the envelope a little, and I'm honored to be a part of it! My piece is something I thought of as a flash fiction thing...until now...

3 comments:

Todd Colby said...

Wow, awesome company. I'm going to amazon right now.

Sleepless in Brooklyn,
(damn that double espresso at 5:30 PM)
Todd

chartreuse velour said...

WOW! and YAY!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome company, congratulations, Anne!