Monday, July 30, 2007

FRiGG #17--Stoked To Be In This Company

Friends, I found a home for my short story "War" in the fabulous online litmag, FRiGG, and I couldn't be more delighted.

The black and white artwork is rich and interesting. And a couple of the people I met at Tin House have stories there too!

You won't look at I Love Lucy the same after reading Alicia Gifford's "Desilu, Three Cameras." Adultery, impotence, venereal disease, death, and overeating! Interesting three camera technique on the story, too.

And Stefani Nellen gives us a triplet of short shorts, each told in brief scenes. My favorite of the three is "Metaphors; or: A Headless Rat," in which a couple finds meaning for their pairing through imagery, crafting their own story with a fatal selfconsciousness.

I'm pleased to have met these women, and to be part of this issue with them. And the rest of the issue rocks as well. Kudos to editor Ellen Parker.

2 comments:

Rob K said...

Congratulations, Anne. I enjoyed your story very much. Keep up the great work.

Anne Elliott said...

thanks, Rob!