Tuesday, July 03, 2007

One More Thing: Go Reverend Billy!



One more thing before I go away. I am moved to tears when I hear the first amendment aloud, as preached by Reverend Billy. It is poetry.

So some cops don't like hearing it in Union Square. So Scooter doesn't go to jail, and Billy is kept overnight. It's clear to me where the people stand. Behind Billy.

My favorite part of this clip: the recitation of the amendment doesn't end when Billy goes into the NYPD van.

The night in jail may have been hell, but I was glad to see him on the front page of my Metro paper on the subway this morning, putting the odd back in God.

3 comments:

christopherlee said...

SUE THEIR MOTHERF**CKIN ASSES OFF BILLY!!!!!

Linera Lucas said...

Hi Anne, I've added you to my blogroll.

Linera Lucas said...

I have tagged you for a meme. See my posting for July 18 for details.